Submissions Now Closed
Thank you for those who made their submissions for the 2023 Innovation Award and 2023 Amplify Award to elevate your company's prestige with these high-visibility opportunities for recognition:
- Onstage ackwowledgement at the 2023 BCI Convention + Power Mart Expo, April 23-26 in Louisville, KY
- Recognition in all event-related marketing materials
- A dedicated spotlight in industry publications
- A submissions showcase presented to hundreds of BCI Convention attendees and online post-event
Submissions for the 2023 Innovation Award and 2023 Amplify Award were due by February 10, 2023.
It's your moment to shine and step into the spotlight by submitting your company's successes for the BCI Innovation Award and the BCI Amplify Award! Showcase your company's innovative technologies and marketing campaigns in support of the battery industry. Learn more about each award below.
BCI Innovation Award
The BCI Innovation Award, in honor of Sally Breidegam Miksiewicz, showcases the lead battery indsutry's cutting-edge technologies, products and services, and celebrates the spirity of ingenuity.
The following guidelines should be considered when submitting an innovation. Entries do not need to align with all guidelines. Providing multiple supporting documents that align with these guidelines will give judges additional insight and clarity on your submission.
- Sustainability - How does your submission show environmental stewardship? Provide tangible aspirations, goals and objectives in helping to create a greener tomorrow.
- Safety - Does your submission show product and/or process stability? Can it be safely commercialized? Demonstrate a clear commitment to the safety of the general public and industry.
- Cost - Can the submission be easily commercialized and/or provide cost-optimized advantages? Is it an affordable alternative to existing technologies and processes?
- Performance - Show how your innovation meets its intended key objectives, goals and benefits.
- Uniqueness - How does it differ from existing products? Information should clearly define what makes this product, process and/or discovery unique.
- Value - How does the submission directly benefit the lead battery industry? Can the product be utilized outside of the company that created it?
Learn More About the BCI Innovation Award
BCI Amplify Award
The BCI Amplify Award recognizes highly effective and top-rated campaigns, programs or communications that serve to inform, educate and promote the lead battery industry.
The judging panel will consider the following elements when evaluating your submission. Entries do not need to align with all criteria. Incorporating the following elements in your submission will provide the judges with additional clarity and insight into your campaign.
- Innovation – The campaign demonstrates a high level of uniqueness and creativity
- Clarity – The campaign communicates clearly, is easy to understand and engages the audience
- Results – The campaign achieved its goal with measurable results
- Design/Aesthetic – The campaign has visual appeal and highly effective design components
- Value – The campaign elevates and benefits the lead battery industry in some way by raising awareness of key issues, advocating on behalf of the industry or sharing the positive lead battery story
The following is a list of potential campaigns and projects to consider for your submission. Please note the following list is meant to provide inspiration and includes examples that qualify for the award; this is not an all-inclusive list. The Amplify Award will be awarded to one (1) submission each year that potentially falls within the following categories. Submissions can include, but are not limited to:
- Events: Includes seminars, open houses, networking events and webinars.
- Branding: Includes logos and any kind of design or key messaging related to identity enhancement, including new identity design, tagline and/or key messaging.
- Promotional and Collateral Materials: Includes brochures, annual reports, integrated brand materials, advertising, promotional giveaways, mailings/announcements and tradeshow booths.
- Media Relations/PR: Includes press releases, news conferences and other non-paid media coverage, media training programs, charitable and community service programs and pro bono projects.
- Content Marketing: Includes planning and execution of campaign that primarily involves the creation of content around a specific topic, including use of rich media, photo gallery, videos and podcasts.
- Internal Marketing: Includes internal marketing initiatives designed to improve the performance and relevancy of the marketing and business development departments within a company.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Includes company-wide efforts that engage the marketing department to help the company or industry become more diverse, or to raise awareness for diversity.
- Recruitment: Includes external marketing efforts to recruit new employees.
- Social Media / Email Marketing / Other Digital Promotions: Includes innovative campaigns that involve social media platforms, email and related campaigns. Can also include proactive efforts to improve website traffic through strategic SEO initiatives.
- Software / Technology Platforms: Includes implementation of applications and innovative uses of software and technology. Can include noteworthy blogs or ancillary websites, as well as development of specific technology applications, such as mobile apps. Can also include innovative use of platforms, such as CRM, experience management tools or marketing automation platforms to further a company’s marketing goals.
- Website Design and Development: Includes websites, blogs and microsites.
Learn More About the BCI Amplify Award