Every year, hundreds of innovations occur within the lead battery industry – from packaging and technology to equipment, chemistry and beyond. The goal of the Sally Breidegam Miksiewicz Innovation Award is to collect all of these innovations and showcase them to both the industry and the public.
Congratulations to the 2018 Innovation Award winner!
View all of the 2017 submissions here and all of the 2016 submissions here.
The following guidelines should be considered when submitting an innovation. Entries do not need to align with all guidelines. Providing multiple supporting documents that align with these guidelines will give judges additional insight and clarity on your submission.
- Sustainability - How does your submission show environmental stewardship? Provide tangible aspirations, goals and objectives in helping to create a greener tomorrow.
- Safety - Does your submission show product and/or process stability? Can it be safely commercialized? Demonstrate a clear commitment to the safety of the general public and industry.
- Cost - Can the submission be easily commercialized and/or provide cost-optimized advantages? Is it an affordable alternative to existing technologies and processes?
- Performance - Show how your innovation meets its intended key objectives, goals and benefits.
- Uniqueness - How does it differ from existing products? Information should clearly define what makes this product, process and/or discovery unique.
- Value - How does the submission directly benefit the lead battery industry? Can the product be utilized outside of the company that created it?