Women in the Global Battery Industry (WGBI) is an organization of professionals, founded to promote and develop the growth of women in the battery industry. WGBI believes that women in similar industries can derive benefit for themselves and their companies through relationship building, education and shared knowledge. The programs and activities of WGBI are intended to enhance members’ skills and experience, address challenges confronting the industry, and promote members’ career growth with the ultimate goal of increasing the number of women employed in the battery industry. Learn more about the leadership here.
Membership is open to professionals and STEM program educators and students who are seeking to develop all aspects of their career. For more information please email WGBI@batterycouncil.org.
Connect with other members and get the latest updates on current WGBI activities through the WGBI private LinkedIn Group. If you haven't already signed up, search Women in the Global Battery Industry and send a request for membership. This group is reserved for WGBI members only.
Become a WGBI Member
Membership is reserved for career-oriented professionals and STEM program students who are seeking opportunities for growth and achievement. The experience can be enhanced for those willing to serve on committees, as well as chapter and international boards.
A Women in the Global Battery Industry member belongs to a regional chapter, which combined with other chapters forms the international organization. Individuals who work within the battery industry are eligible to join as a professional individual based on their job function. Membership demographics will include but are not limited to the following:
- C Suite/Executives
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Research & Development
- Public Relations/Communications
- STEM program students
As a member of the Women in the Global Battery Industry, you'll have access to a variety of benefits designed to enhance your skills and experience, address challenges confronting the industry and promote your career growth, including:
- Networking: Make meaningful connections with other industry participants at dedicated networking events, including the Women in the Lead Battery Industry Networking Reception, held each year at the BCI Convention + Power Mart Expo.
- Professional Growth: Develop your leadership and communication skills in an environment that fosters personal and professional growth.
- Education: Participate in continuous learning opportunities designed to help you gain valuable industry insight.
- Mentorship: Take advantage of formal and informal mentorship opportunities that foster both personal and professional development.