BCI annually honors industry thought leader, Sally Breidegam Miksiewicz, by presenting one company with the Sally Breidegam Miksiewicz Innovation Award. The Innovation Award celebrates innovation in equipment, processes, services and products that advance the lead battery industry.
BCI will begin accepting 2018 submissions on September 5, 2017.
2017: NorthStar Battery. To view all of the 2017 submissions, click here.
2016: Hammond Group, Inc. To view all of the 2016 submissions, click here.
Each submission will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Sustainability - How does your submission show environmental stewardship and /or innovative recyclability? Provide tangible aspirations, goals and objectives in helping to create a greener tomorrow.
- Safety - Does your submission show product or process stability and the ability to be safely commercialized? Demonstrate a clear commitment to the best interest of the general public and industry from a safety standpoint.
- Cost - Can the submission be easily commercialized, provide cost-optimized advantages and be an affordable alternative to existing technologies and processes?
- Performance - Does the submission meet or exceed the needs for application and industry requirements? Show how it meets its intended key objectives, goals and benefits as well as other outstanding attributes.
- Detail - Does the submission provide adequate information that thoroughly explains the submission?
- Uniqueness - Is the submission the first of its kind to market or rarely used by other organizations? How does it differ from existing products? Information should provide similar applications and clearly define what makes this product, process, or discovery unique or innovative.
- Value - How does the submission directly benefit the lead battery industry? Can the value be quantified with numerical data, such as material reduction or pollution avoided? Can the product be utilized outside of the company that created it?
- Quantifiable - Does the information provided meet the criteria and clearly describe in numerical data the key measurable areas. Submissions that provide actual data will receive a higher score.